Abstract Submission Guidelines
The Scientific Committee of the 11th Congress of the Romanian Association for Excellence in Orthodontics invites you to participate actively in this congress which will be an extraordinary occasion for the exchange of thoughts and experiences. The abstracts will be included in the Abstract Book of the Congress. We look forward to receiving abstracts online for consideration and inclusion in the scientific programme as oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts must be written in English and should be submitted electronically via the web-based system for abstract submission for the 11th Congress of the Romanian Association for Excellence in Orthodontics in Timisoara/Romania. Any questions or clarifications related to abstract submission will be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The abstract text should not exceed the 250 words limit (with title, author names and affiliation details excluded).
- The abstract title should not exceed the 140 characters limit (spaces included).
- Co-authors of an abstract must not exceed four (4) in total. They must indicate how they want to present their article, as an oral or poster presentation. The content of the abstract is entirely the responsibility of the authors. We recommend that you check and correct the summary before submitting.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts is 05 July 2020.
- All manuscripts are subject to editorial and scientific review. The Scientific Committee of the 11th Congress of the Romanian Association for Excellence in Orthodontics will decide whether the presentation of the paper will be oral or poster.
- All excepted abstracts will be notified on the presenting author’s email until 20 July 2020.
- Because we encourage the presentation of as many articles as possible, the participation fee for the presenting author of the paper will have the lowest value, 300 Euro, and should be paid by 31 July 2020. If the speaker fails to register, his/her abstract will be excluded from the scientific programme.
The theme of the congress is INTERDISCIPLINARITY IN MODERN ORTHODONTICS.
- Relation between Orthodontics-Periodontology-Pedodontics-Prosthodontics
- New technologies and biomaterials in orthodontics
- The bone in orthodontic therapy
- Free topics.
The abstract should give details of the methods used and the most important data findings. There are two types of abstracts that can be submitted for review: Research articles and Case reports.
There should be headings in bold/capitals for: AIM, METHODS, RESULTS and the important CONCLUSIONS.
- AIM: Usually one short simple sentence stating the objective of doing the study.
- METHODS: This section must be clearly written and in sufficient detail for the work to be repeated by other workers. Only the FDI tooth notation system must be used. The statistical methods used should be stated.
- RESULTS: These should be clearly and succinctly presented and only related to the methods described. Where appropriate data should be given as to the reproducibility of the findings. Statistical analysis should be included in this section. Images, tables and visual data should not be submitted.
- CONCLUSION: This should briefly outline the most important findings.
The format for these reports should follow a similar layout to research papers. The title page, author’s address should be the same as described above. There should be an abstract briefly describing the case and treatment provided.
The headings in the abstract must be:
- A very brief INTRODUCTION about the disease or the condition of the case report.
- BACKGROUND: The clinical case/technique should be briefly explained.
- CASE REPORT(S): Described in detail.
- There must be a description of the FOLLOW-UP: Description of the clinical care carried out, which preferably should have been for two years where appropriate, this is to indicate the degree of success.
- CONCLUSION: Briefly outline the most important findings.